Where we will be.......

Shows and Activities

May
Nelsonville Music Festival

June

July

August


September
Paw Paw Festival




October

Athens Area Fiber Faire- find us on Facebook!

November



December

West Elementary Holiday Show
December

Holiday A.L.P.A.C.A. Market

Athens Community Center
Athens, Ohio


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Symbols and meanings

On Friday I wrote a short story about a fox and my little dog Lucy and then bought my hubby birthday boxers with foxes on them. I was listening to Fleet Foxes on the radio and when I got home my hubby was watching Fantastic Mr. Fox. This morning I was looking out the window and a beautiful red fox ran across my lawn. Now I need to figure out what that means:)

In Native American lore, fox animal symbolism deals with two interpretations. One perspective (Northern tribes) observes the fox as a wise and noble messenger. The other (Plains tribes) views the fox as a trickster playing pranks, or worse - luring one to demise.

Overwhelmingly, cultural consensus on fox animal symbolism deals with:

cunning
strategy
quick-thinking
adaptability
cleverness
wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment